Continuing the series on Mindful Communication with attention for ‘non-violent or positive communication’ from a mindfulness perspective.
Dr Marshall Rosenberg, founder of the Center for Nonviolent Communication and world renowned peacemaker often stated that “All human beings act out in order to satisfy their needs, but each and everyone take a different road or strategy to nourish those satisfied/unsatisfied needs”.
‘Teaching in Inner and Outer Prisons: True Community and Communication” is offered by Eugenio Correnti.
Please join Eugenio and the and the eamba Community exploring the theme of mindful communication for individuals and communities, from a social mindfulness, systemic and ecological perspective.
We invite you to reflect on this question in preparation of the meeting:
“How are you integrating mindful communication to cultivate harmony in your different communities,
and thus cultivate the emergence of a mindful society?”
DATE / TIME: Thursday the 21st of March 2024 19:00 – 20:30 CET.
Zoom connection communicated with confirmation of your registration.
The format is interactive with a short presentation of about 16 minutes plus questions;
followed by presentations from participants offering a personal insight on the topic,
Dialogues in breakout rooms and a plenary exchange.
The topics covered:
- a short lecture sharing two mindful trainings of Plum Village community, founder by Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, specifically the Eight and Ninth trainings of the 14 mindfulness trainings.
- offering some specific examples of practice and experience
- showcasing the art of active listening trainings implemented by Eugenio in french prisons (part of the national non-violence plan of the penitentiary administration) by training carefully selected prisoners. These prisoners are accompanying co-prisoners and by listening (and helping eventually), they act as emotional co-regulators and diminish the violence.
1. Eugenio Correnti is a mindfulness and communication teacher, trained in Non-violent-communication, in various MBP’s (MBSR,MBRP,MBCL, MBCAS and MBEI by Fleet Maull), yogateacher and yogatherapist, MBSR teacher trainer and supervisor for IMA.
2. Thich Nhat Hanh’s Vision of the Mindfulness Trainings