Teaching Presence in Relationship
With Florence Meleo-Meyer and Phyllis K. Hicks
This professional training is designed to prepare MBSR & MBCT instructors to teach Interpersonal Mindfulness as a follow-up to the 8-week MBSR program.
SAVE THE DATE – REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON
Teaching Presence in Relationship is a training designed to prepare MBSR & MBCT instructors to teach the 8-week
Interpersonal Mindfulness program to graduates of mindfulness-based programs. Awareness, mental stability, and
calmness associated with silent meditation are developed in practice with others. Based on the meditation practice of Insight Dialogue, participants experience greater freedom and compassion internally and interpersonally as they integrate
meditative qualities directly into relationship.
The training will be taught in English and translated in French (as the intention is to build a French speaking teaching community).
● Maintaining a regular personal meditation practice
● Previous participation in at least one 7 – 10 day silent, teacher-led retreat
● Previous participation in at least two 5 – 7 day Insight Dialogue retreats*
● Participation in an 8-week IMP course (native language if possible)
● Professional training as a teacher of MBSR or MBCT **
● Have taught at least 5 cycles of MBSR/MBCT.
*More information available online. Due to Covid restrictions, some in-person requirements
accommodations may be considered.
** Applications from other MBI teachers will be considered on an individual basis.
In this training, participants will:
● Experience first-hand the meditative Guidelines of Insight Dialogue
● Develop a theoretical and practical understanding of Interpersonal Mindfulness
methods and practices.
● Expand and enrich their capacity as teachers to effectively interact and communicate
with program participants.
● Examine, in detail, the elements of the Interpersonal Mindfulness Program.