EAMBA Exchange provides a bi-weekly open space for the mindfulness teachers’ community to meet,
to support each other and to learn.
We are preparing the 2023-eamba Exchange program. The guiding principle is:
“The Art of reading and understanding scientific studies and
benefitting from the insights for transmitting mindfulness practice and teaching.”
We will invite researchers from all over Europe who analyse the effectiveness of mindfulness practice.
Your suggestions are much appreciated > please email.
UPCOMING DATES & TOPICS
Meetings in 2022 are facilitated on Wednesdays (either at 17:00 CEST or 19:00 CEST).
RECORDINGS of past exchanges are listed at the bottom of this page.
Please use this registration link to ensure receiving the information to connect via Zoom.
- April 27, 2022 (Wednesday at 17:00 – 18:30 CEST, 4:00pm UK Time zone), with Juditta Ben David, hosted by Teresa Ranieri, Calm Mind, Portugal.
Please join via this link Zoom. Meeting ID: 863 3537 6720 | Passcode: 858513.
- May 11, 2022 (Wednesday at ! 20:00 ! – 21:30 CEST), with Trish Bartley on Group dynamics, hosted by Teresa Ranieri, Calm Mind, Portugal.
- May 25, 2022 (Wednesday at 17:00 – 18:30 CEST). Dialogue on challenges of in-person trainings after the pandemic.
- June 08, 2022 (Wednesday at 19:00 – 20:30 CEST) with Satish Kumar, hosted by Eugenio Correnti, AFEM, France.
- June 22, 2022 (Wednesday at 17:00 – 18:30 CEST), with Jamie Bristow (Mindfulness Initiative UK) and Thomas Legrand (Politics of Being) on ‘Reconnection: Meeting the Climate Crisis inside out’, Mindfulness connected to climate consciousness, reconnection and regeneration.
co-hosted by Eugenio Correnti, AFEM | France and Katharina Mullen, MOMENT | Belgium.
- July 06, 2022 (Wednesday at 19:00 – 20:30 CEST) with Marjan Abadie, hosted by Eugenio Correnti, AFEM, France.
- July – August 2022 (vacations)
- September 21, 2022 (Wednesday at 19:00 – 20:30 CEST) with Julia Hutchinson (Bangor University) about group, participant and teacher factors that may influence participant outcomes, hosted by Teresa Ranieri (Calm Mind, Portugal) and Katharina Mullen, MOMENT Belgium.
- September 23 & 24, 2022 eamba Festival – BEING a Mindfulness Teacher. Hybrid format: locally in-person meetings and online presentations.
Friday 16:00-18:00 CEST, Saturday 09:00-16:00 CEST.
- October 19, 2022 (Wednesday at 19:00 – 20:30 CET) with Betsy Faradil & Alexis Desouches: Mindfulness Solidaire
- November 30, 2022 (Wednesday at 19:00 – 20:30 CET) with Antonella Commellato and Fabio Giommi (Mindfulness Italia), hosted by Katharina Mullen, MOMENT Belgium.
- Access to eamba Exchange annual plan.
- For BONUS Events organised by local associations, universities and institutes and recommended by EAMBA Exchange, see the bottom of this webpage.
Each EAMBA Exchange meeting is a structured dialogue focusing on a theme that is relevant for the teachers’ community.
The Exchange service team – main organizer of the meetings – chairs the sessions, whenever possible together with a guest-host from a local member association. Whenever all participants allow, the exchange will be recorded and the audio version made available on the eamba Exchange YouTube channel. All who registered for the meeting receive the link to the audio within 48 hours.
In general, the dialogues are conducted in a charming concert of voices colouring the English language with local styles and accents. We are attentive to wishes for translation. In 2021-2022 we are exploring ways for more languages and translation, your suggestions are welcome. We offer subtitling in English to facilitate understanding and are exploring to offer more language.
As of 2022 – in principal -the first monthly date of eamba Exchange live meetings will be dedicated to a free exchange on an issue that emerges during the live meeting. You are welcome to offer up your topic for peer reflection.
During the second monthly meeting a theme shall be offered in advance and with an invited guest-expert on the specific topic to support our continuous learning.
For all other information and for suggestions feel welcome to contact the Exchange service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Past Events:
To offer an impression of the topics we have touched during this season, here is a list:
- April 06, 2022 Mindfulness at Work with Michael Chaskalson Link to recording
- March 23, 2022 Peer reflection on issues emerging spontaneously. (not recorded)
- March 09, 2022 On Compassion with Martine Bachelor. Link to recording
- February 23, 2022 The power of the implicit in mindfulness work with Karunavira Link to recording
- February 09, 2022. Peer reflection on issues emerging spontaneously. (not recorded)
- January 26, 2022. On the Buddhist roots of mindfulness with Stephane Faure Link to recording.
- January 12, 2022. Peer reflection Link to recording.
- December 08, 2021. The 4 Foundations of Mindfulness with Christoph Köck, preview 2022-EAMBA Retreat Link to recording.
- November 22, 2021. Mindfulness practice in Companies Link to recording.
- November 10, 2021. Accessibility of programs to include a diversity of populations through diversity of teachers Link to recording.
- October 27, 2021. Evidence-based programs: definition, stepping stones, terminology with Gemma Griffith / Bangor University, Link to recording.
- October 11, 2021 Communication-as-a-Service with local communication professionals turned mindfulness teacher.
- September 29, 2021 Mindfulness-based programs for Adolescents / Schools with Sophie Faure and Marro Candice.
- August 2021: eamba FESTIVAL Recordings > URL
- Past Bonus Events
Thanks to the generosity of local associations and universities we are happy to offer links to relevant events organised by colleagues locally.
Recently we benefitted from the series “Deepening our practice: preparing the mind to embrace reality” by Philippe Goldin organised by Ola Schenström of the Swedish Mindfulnesscenter. The recordings of all four events can be accessed via the links below.
nr 1. Equanimity practices – including “just like me”>Recording 21 September 2021.
nr 2. Self practices – including “Self across life span” and “Who are you?” or “Who am I?” > Recording 28 September 2021
nr. 3 Interconnectedness practices > Recording 05 October 2021.
nr. 4 Climate distress practices > Recording 12 October 2021.
- Also on mindfulness and climate change from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre
‘Responding to Climate Change, the role of Mindfulness and the Mindfulness Community‘.
The talk explores some of the root causes of the Climate Crisis (being disconnected from ourselves, from others and from nature) and how mindfulness and compassion practitioners are uniquely placed to restore those relationships. You can listen to this keynote via the OMC podcast.