PS if you see this announcement at the last minute….
scroll down to find the details to enter the zoom meeting room. Be welcome.
How to Overcome Polarisation and Facilitate Culture & System Change, is the essence of the initiative Inner Green Deal, co-founded by Liane Stephan and Jeroen Janss. They position the Inner Green Deal as ‘a present to the future’, because it can contribute to ‘transforming hearts and minds for a sustainable world’.
Join Liane and the eamba Community to get an update on the initiative and its newest contribution, namely how – as MBP Teachers – to implement ideas, making them actionable in our local communities.
DATE / TIME: Friday the 9th of February 2024 at 19:00 – 20:30 CET | 18:00 – 19:30 GMT.
Zoom connection communicated with the confirmation of your registration.
- Inner Green Deal
Liane and Jeroen describe the Inner Green Deal as “a gift for the future” because it can help “change hearts and minds for a sustainable world”. The inner dimension of sustainability is usually underrepresented in all initiatives around pro-environmental actions. The Inner Green Deal assumes that our current crisis is a crisis of relationships. How can mindfulness teachers contribute to that necessary shift from ego to eco?
In this session we will explore together the root-cause of our current crisis and what we can do about it, specially holding the golden nugget of “mindfulness expertise” in our hands.
- Liane Stephan
Liane has a MA in Sportscience, Sportpsychology. Since turning 19 she studies contemplative methods as well as somatic approaches like Body-Mind -Centering, Feldenkrais. She holds a black belt in Aikido. All together 38 years of experience as a consultant in coaching, leadership development as well as organizational change and systems thinking.
She is the co-founder and co-managing director of both: awaris GmbH, a globally organized organization bringing mindfulness-based interventions to the corporate world and the Inner Green Deal, a non-profit organization bringing the inner dimension of sustainability to divers communities.
The format is interactive.
– Starting with a short presentation of about 16 minutes plus questions.
– Followed by presentations from participants offering a personal insight on the topic: you are welcome to share your experience in connecting mindfulness and nature, be it for yourself or in transmitting mindfulness practice, especially if you are contributing to the shift from ego to eco, inspiring to “change hearts and minds for a sustainable world”. Please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you will actively share your insights (about 4 minutes).
– Dialogues in breakout rooms will explore the question: How do I see mindfulness as an important capacity to shift people’s mindset towards long-term and systems thinking, from Ego to Eco? What is needed?
– Example of a 12-minute practice to experience and to enhance your own skills. You will immediately be able to apply in your own work.
– All presentations and explorations coming togethr in a plenary sharing.
- Recommendation to read before the event:
Inner Green Deal Whitepaper
The Human Dimension of the Green Deal [PDF]
- More reading recommendations
Inner Green Deal latest research article:
Revolutionising sustainability leadership and education: addressing the human dimension to support flourishing, culture and system transformation
Inner Green Deal Podcast: The Inner Green Deal podcast
Braiding Sweetgrass Books
Climate Book by Greta Thunberg
Coming Back to Life: The Updated Guide to the Work That Reconnects by Joanna Macy & Molly Young Brown
Regenerative Leadership: The DNA of life-affirming 21st century organizations by Giles Hutchins & Laura Storm
Our Environmental Handprints: Recover the Land, Reverse Global Warming by Jon R. Biemer
This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate by Naomi Kleinová & Naomi Klein
Here is the link to the Zoom meeting room in case you are late to see this announcement.
Meeting ID: 854 7721 3560 | Passcode: 979297
Find your local number.